Underground Detectable Tape (CAUTION BURIED GEOTHERMAL LINE BELOW) - Blue
"Caution Buried Geothermal Line Below" detectable underground marking tape provides buried pipeline detection and identification of utility infrastructure. Detectable tapes can protect against costly damage to underground pipelines. The tape consists of .35 mil of solid aluminum foil encased between two layers of polyethylene plastic (3.75 mil combined). A .90 mil clear protective film protects the printed message while allowing a full view of both the foil and printed message. The aluminum foil is visible from both sides of the tape and provides ease in detecting utility lines utilizing either a conductive or inductive method with utility locate equipment.
- Blue color and legend used to mark geothermal lines.
- Colors and legends designed in accordance with the APWA National Color Code.
- Meets ASTM D-2103, ASTM D-882, ASTM D792-66, and ASTM D2578-08 compliance testing.
- Made in USA.
- 3" x 1000’ (6” to 28” maximum recommended burial depth)
- Recommended depths are the maximum depths at which a metal detector will detect any detectable underground tape. Properly installed, this warning tape can eliminate a potentially catastrophic digging accident. It helps accurately locate the utilities, so one knows where to dig. There are federal, state, and municipal guidelines established for protecting underground facilities. A resource to determine specific state requirements is call811.com
- Thickness: 5 mil
- Foil core thickness: 0.35 mil
- Tensile: 15,000 PSI
- Density: 1.09 g/cm3
Other available colors & legends:
APWA Marking Colors:
The American Public Works Association, a non-profit professional association, created a uniform color code for utility companies, both public and private. The colors have become the marking standard across all industries.
- Blue: Potable water
- Brown: Non-potable water and force main lines
- Green: Sewer and drain lines
- Orange: Communication, alarm or signal lines, cables, or conduits
- Pink: Temporary survey markings
- Red: Electrical power lines, cables, conduits, and lighting cables
- White: Proposed excavation
- Yellow: Gas, oil, steam, petroleum, and gaseous materials
More Marking Flags, Tape and Paint