Choosing Parking Blocks
Comparison of Rubber, Plastic and Concrete Blocks
- Rubber Parking Blocks
- Lightweight, easier to move and handle.
- Available in different UV resistant colors
- Not affected by salt or ice melting products
- Eco Friendly (rubber is recycled)
- Lowest price of the three alternatives.
- More resistant to extreme temperatures
- Most durable of three types and require least maintenance.
- Possible for them to be moved if bumped repeatedly by heavier vehicles
- Plastic Parking Blocks
- Available in different colors which are UV resistant
- Lightweight and easy to move and handle
- Will not fade, chip or crack
- Not affected by salt and ice melting chemicals
- Eco friendly
- Lighter weight can cause them to be moved more easily when bumped repeatedly by heavier vehicles
- They can sometimes change shape or 'bow' over time when exposed to extremely high temperatures.
- Often higher priced than concrete version
- Concrete Parking Blocks
- Comes in several sizes
- Stay in place well due to their heavy weight
- May come with or without drains
- Availabe with notches for forklifts
- Heavy and more difficult to install.
- Can be damaged by salt and ice melting products
- If color needed, they must be painted and repainted for maintenance
- Higher unit price
Back to Parking Block and Car Stop Products