Watchman Collision Avoidance Alarm
Stop forklift accidents before they occur. The Watchman is a low clearance alarm bar that warns forklift operators and management of potential collisions between forklifts and overhead doors and fixtures before they happen. Contact with the Watchman triggers a loud siren and flashing red lights, providing a warning to the forklift driver. In addition to overhead doors, the Watchman can be used to protect conveyor systems, low overhead passageways and catwalks, pallet racks, lifts, canopies, conveyors, walls, pipes, chemical lines, sprinklers, heaters, ducting, and other overhead fixtures. Make forklift and employee safety a priority at your facility with the Watchman.
- Dramatically reduces costly forklift accidents.
- Lights and siren activate on impact for 4 or 8 seconds (user-controlled setting).
- End caps feature bright flashing red lights with protective guards.
- Highly audible 105 dB alarm, similar to a chainsaw while cutting.
- Adjusts to 8’ or 10’ lengths.
- Impact resistant safety yellow ABS tubing resists fading and cracking and is far more durable than PVC.
- Easy installation.
- Seals within end cap protect unit from moisture and dust.
- Applications: distribution centers, warehouses, manufacturing facilities, and parking structures.
- CE Certified
- Battery-powered units operate with eight standard ‘C’ cell alkaline batteries (not included). Low voltage warning “chirps” every 5 minutes when the batteries need to be changed, similar to a smoke detector. Under normal conditions, batteries last approximately 2 years.
- AC-powered units operate on a 115V plug-in style power supply. A 230V power supply is also included. The Watchman’s circuitry resists “spikes” when on the same circuit as disrupting devices such as electric overhead doors.
- Optional remote notification is available for AC powered units only. With the optional dry contact output wire harness, the output can be used to activate another device remotely, such as an external light or alarm in a supervisor’s room, or a louder siren or larger light. Call for details.
adjustable to 8 or 10 ft.
4" OD ABS tube
Warranty: One-year manufacturer warranty on products or parts (only) which are defective in materials or workmanship. Warranty is void if damage is due to improper installation, maintenance or use. For full warranty details, please see “Datasheet” below.
- Minimal assembly required.
- Unit should be placed slightly below the object you are protecting and a few feet in front of the object to allow time to stop once they have made contact and activated the unit.
- 3 Factory-installed eye bolts make bar ready to hang from overhead joist, ceiling, or similar.
- 1/8” aircraft cable and fittings recommended (not included) for attachment to eye bolts.
- To avoid false alarms, the Watchman should not be installed, suspended, or hung directly from a conveyor belt / framework.
Watchman Installation Instructions
More Building Protectors