Rubber Speed Bump Advantages:
- Rubber speed bumps are much more cost effective than alternatives like concrete, metal, or asphalt.
- They are durable and long lasting - will not chip or crack and are weather resistant.
- They are very easy to install, typically in an hour or less.
- They require much less maintenance.
Speed Bumps and Hump Usage
- Speed Bumps
- A speed bump (also referred to as speed breaker or road bump) typically has a height ranging between 3 to
4 inches. The distance 'across' the speed bump is usually less than 1 foot. On road with curbs, a space if often left on either side to allow for
- Due to the more assertive design of speed bumps they are typically used in parking lots and are designed to slow cars to 5-10
- Speed Humps
- Speed humps have a similar height (between 3 to 4 inches) but a much wider distance 'across', typically
between 10 and 14 feet.
- Their gradual slope makes speed humps ideal for street usage and they are designed to slow cars to 15-20 mph. They
can be crossed at slower speeds withou damage to the car but if traversed too fast, there is less absorption by the suspension of the car.
Back to Speed Bump and Hump Products