Non-Detectable Underground Tape (CAUTION BURIED FIBER OPTIC LINE BELOW) - Orange
Non-detectable underground marking tape provides for below ground identification, protection, and warning of associated utility lines. The non-detectable marking tape consists of a 4-mil overall thickness and is formulated to resist degradation underground. The heavy-metal free, non-adhesive underground marking tape serves as a durable, highly visible warning device that can withstand the elements. Non-detectable tape is available in 3" and 6" widths and a variety of colors and legends specified in the American Public Works Association (APWA) National Color Code.
- Bright tape colors and bold print for easy identification.
- Tape color and legend combination in accordance with APWA Uniform Color Code.
- 3-ply 100% virgin polyethylene for added strength.
- Non-degradable; will not break down in soil.
- Non-detectable tape should be buried 12" to 18" below the surface.
- Meets ASTM D-2103, ASTM D-882-75B, ASTM D792-66, D-2578, D-671, and ASTM D-882 testing.
- Made in USA.
- Thickness: 4 mil
- Density: 0.922 (dm/cc)
Other available colors & legends:
APWA Marking Colors:
The American Public Works Association, a non-profit professional association, created a uniform color code for utility companies, both public and private. The colors have become the marking standard across all industries.
- Blue: Potable water
- Green: Sewer and drain lines
- Orange: Communication, alarm or signal lines, cables, or conduits
- Pink: Temporary survey markings
- Red: Electrical power lines, cables, conduits, and lighting cables
- White: Proposed excavation
- Yellow: Gas, oil, steam, petroleum, and gaseous materials
More Marking Flags, Tape and Paint