Heavy Duty Textured Rubber Speed Hump
This Heavy-Duty Textured Speed Hump is used to slow down traffic in a gentle manner. Designed to eliminate noise and discomfort for the driver compared to speed bumps and asphalt or concrete speed humps. Suitable for use in parking lots, roadways, and private lanes.
- Gently lowers speed to 15 mph.
- Quieter and more comfortable to drive over compared to speed bumps.
- Grooved surface helps with traction. Nonslip surface.
- Molded from recycled, vulcanized rubber for high durability.
- Embedded yellow striping for visibility.
- Yellow is made from long lasting EPDM rubber and will not fade or crack in any weather condition.
- Join multiple middle sections together to create length needed.
- Longer lasting and more cost efficient than concrete or asphalt alternatives.
- Easily installed, removed, relocated, and stored without damage.
- Installs on asphalt or concrete; flexible rubber conforms to surface contours.
Use both adhesive and hardware for installation of speed humps. Hardware sold separately. See installation instructions below.
- Each middle section requires six 14" x 1/2" rebar spikes and 5/8" washers. Use 6 ea. part XASPHALT per section (sold separately).
- Each end cap section requires three 14" x 1/2" rebar spikes and 5/8" washers. Use 3 ea. part XASPHALT per section (sold separately).
- Each middle section requires six 4 1/2" lag bolts, 2" lag shields, and 1/2" washers. Use 6 ea. part XCONCRETE per section (sold separately).
- Each end cap section requires three 4 1/2" lag bolts, 2" lag shields, and 1/2" washers. Use 3 ea. part XCONCRETE per section (sold separately).
Use 10 ounces of construction grade adhesive (per middle piece) such as PL premium polyurethane, or a 2-tube epoxy, such as Simpson ET-22 (sold separately; these products are available locally).
Epoxy dries hard, while urethane remains flexible. Use whichever product is appropriate for your application.
- Not designed for speeds over 15 mph.
- Sweepers must raise brushes before driving over speed humps.
- Remove speed humps when snowplows are in use.
Speed Hump Specifications
Speed Hump Installation Instructions
- Middle section dimensions: 19" L x 35" W x 2" H
- Middle section weight: 38 lbs.
- End cap dimensions: 10" L x 35" W x 2" H
- End cap weight: 14 lbs.
- Material: vulcanized SBR rubber and yellow EPDM rubber
- Stripes: 6 per middle section
- Installation holes: 6 per middle section, 3 per end cap
More Speed Bumps and Humps