Heavy-Duty 3-Channel Rubber Cable Protector (2.5" Channels)
Provide 360° protection for your expensive cables and hoses from vehicle drive-overs and provide a safety crossing for pedestrians. TSW’s line of durable rubber cable protectors with plastic flip tops are rated for extreme temperatures, making them suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Flip tops make it easier to add or remove cables, and typically support heavier vehicles, when compared to drop over cable protectors. An economical rubber option when compared to our TPU plastic flip top protectors.
This heavy-duty dual channel cable protector has three 2-1/2" channels for cables, hoses, and cords. The base is made from commercial grade rubber, topped by a bright yellow plastic lid. This attractive cable protector provides a safe crossing for heavy vehicles – including construction equipment! Join multiple units together to achieve desired length.
- Three 2-1/2" channels are protected by a reinforced hinged lid allowing easy access.
- Protects cables or hoses up to 2-1/2" outside diameter.
- Unique modular design with interlocking T-connectors to join multiple ramps together.
- Durable black rubber base topped with bright yellow flip top lid made of UV stabilized LLDPE plastic.
- Bright yellow lid has a slip and electrical safety warning symbol molded into the anti-slip surface.
- 2 installation holes for optional permanent installation (hardware not included).
- For indoor and outdoor use.
- Designed for all weather conditions. Temperature rated at -40℉ to 302℉.
- Can withstand heavy vehicles and warehouse equipment weighing up to 66,000 lbs. per axle (see chart below).
- Note: vehicles must be able to clear height of unit to avoid damage to vehicle and covered cables or hoses.
| Dimensions || 35.43" L x 23.6" W x 2.95" H |
| Channel dimensions || 2.56" x 2.56" |
| Weight || 55 lbs. |
| Capacity || 66,000 lbs. per axle |
| Material || heavy-duty rubber and LLDPE hinged lid |
| Color || black base, yellow lid |
Cable Protectors and Hose Protectors
Weight Bearing Capacity of Cable Protectors and Dropovers:
| Type of traffic || Lbs./axle rating |
| Pedestrian traffic || not rated |
| Light vehicles (similar to ATV) || up to 2,100 |
| Cars & light trucks || 2,000 to 12,000 |
| Heavy trucks || 12,000 to 28,000 |
| Construction & utility vehicles || 28,000 to 40,000 |
| Heavy construction vehicles || over 40,000 |
Cable Protectors vs. Dropovers:
| Cable Protectors
| 360° protection of cords & pipes || Protects from the top only; no bottom protection (sufficient for grass, sand, or similar, soft or non-abrasive surfaces) |
| More flexibility on an uneven surface || For flatter surfaces |
| More involved installation as cables must be laid into protector || Quick installation - simply “drop” the unit over cords |
| Easy access to cords & cables by opening lid on top || Need to lift dropover up to access cords & cables |
| Heavier load bearing || Typically for lighter duty protection |
| Offer multiple channels to segregate lines or cables from one another || Single channel |
More Cable Protectors