Thermoplastic Road Marking Paint
Sealmaster's liquid thermoplastic traffic marking paint is a high-performance white traffic paint. It is a highly durable Waterborne road marking material.Its unique patented cross linking technology provides the same durability normally associated with Hot-melt Thermoplastics and epoxies. The thermoplastic paint can be applied with conventional spray equipment (with stainless steel components) to asphalt, concrete, or existing road markings that are adhering well to the pavement surface. SealMasterŪ Liquid Thermoplastics meets and exceeds the performance requirements of Federal Specification TTP-1952E, Type III.
Thermoplasitc Marking Paint Details:
- Sizes Available-5 Gallon Pail
- Coverage 155-180 ft. of 4-inch line per gallon at 30-35 Mils wet film thickness.
Thermoploastic Road Paint Mixing & Application:
- Stir well before using.
- Do not dilute.
- For maximum durability apply at a wet film thickness of 30-35 mils (155-180 ft. of 4-inch line per gallon).
- When applying at 30-35 wet mills, it is recommended that a larger particle size glass bead be used for optimum retroflectance and wet night visibility.
- A bead drop rate of approximately 7 lbs./gal. of paint for a 4-inch line and 30-35 mil thickness is a suitable range which can be fine tuned for optimum performance.
- The dry-to-no-pickup time for a 30-35 mil thickness application is typically 5 minutes or less depending on conditions.
- Liquid Thermoplastic can be applied with standard airless spray equipment with stainless steel components.
- Important: Apply to clean dry surface when surface and air temperature is not expected to drop below 50°F or exceed 120°F in a 24 hour period.
- Clean Up: Wash tools in water before material dries.
More Pavement Marking Products