Safety Mats, Anti-Fatigue Mats and Industrial Mats
Our floor mats are available at very affordable prices. Industrial mats to meet almost every need: anti-slip and water absorbing entrance floor mats, safety mats, rubber mats and anti-fatigue matting to help cushion employees who must stand for hours at a time. Get fast shipping and great low prices on all workplace mats.
Selection & Usage
Floor Mats: Selection and Usage
Below are some general considerations to take into account when choosing a floor mat:
Mat Edging: A mat with sloped edges can help reduce tripping and make it easier for carts or other small vehicles with wheels to roll over them.
Anti-slip Properties: To help ensure the mat stays in place.
Mat Cleaning: Keep in mind the location of the map and how often it may need to be cleaned. Is it in an area with food? Will it be in an area with solvents or chemicals where it needs to be hosed down?
The Floor Underneath the Mat: Harder floors (like concrete) are the least comfortable to stand on for long periods, whereas wood or cork flooring provides a little give. Additional mat thickness (but not too much) may help with harder floors.
Water Exposure: Is the mat going to be in an area that may get lots of water (like a outdoor entry mat), consider mats that dry quicker and have properties to reduce water build up on the mat.
- Anti-Fatigue Floor Mats
- May be made of rubber, carpet material or vinyl. Used in areas where workers need to stand a lot to increase comfort and reduce foot, leg and lower back pain and injury.
- Softer and thicker does not necessarily mean better anti-fatigue properties. Mats that are too soft may be hard to stand on for long periods. Choose a mat with some elasticity and thickness depending on the hardness of the floor below it.
- Anti-Static Mats
- These mats reduce electrical conductivity
- Consider mats like the Waterhog brand if you need anti-static properties.
- Safety Mats
- This category covers a wide array of mats but generally refers to mats that have anti-slip properties as well as the ability to keep excess water and dirt pulled away from the surface.
- Decide whether the safety mat is needed indoors or outdoors. Mats with rubber edges and water removal properties will be best and sloped edges also increase safety.
Back to Floor Mat Products