LED Stop Sign
These LED illuminated flashing stop signs (R1-1) extend the range of visibiltiy for both day and night as well as in all weather conditions. They conform to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) specifications outlined by MUTCD. Their innovative LED technology employs synchronized high-intensity LEDs which increases driver awareness of the sign. The FHWA cites studies done by several state transportation agencies. They showed that intersections using LED stop signs had a dramatic decrease in vehicles moving through an intersection without slowing and dramatic decreases in intersection approach speed, all of which increases the safety for both pedestrians and drivers.
Other solar powered LED Stop Sign Options:
30" Solar Powered LED Stop Sign
36" SolarSign Powered LED Stop SIgn
LED Stop Sign Details:
- Equipped with Type XI reflective sheeting provides outstanding reflective brightness, day or night.
- LEDs extend the visibility of the sign under all weather conditions.
- Due to their low power usage, solar powered LED stop signs will in almost any location
- Stop signs are weatherproof to prevent outside elements from entering the internal casing.
- Installation is fast and easy with low maintenance.
- Have highway grade .080 aluminum construction which makes them resistant to corrosion.
- MUTCD section 2A.07 compliant.
- MUTCD R1-1 Sign
- Four 1 ¼” Red LED Lights on 24" Sign.
- Eight 1 ¼” Red LED Lights on 30"- 48" Sign.
- Stainless steel security fasteners and Tufnut mounting hardware are included to keep the sign in place.
Optional Sensors - Please call to inquire
MUTCD specifies that: LEDs for traffic signs shall be the same color as the sign legend, border, or background.When flashing, the LEDs should flash simultaneously at a rate of at least 50 and not more than 60 times per minute. The sign uniformity should be maintained without any decrease in visibility, legibility, or driver comprehension during either daytime or nighttime conditions. MUTCD, Section 2A.08. MUTCD, Section 2A.08 has more details that you are good to read through when installing any LED stop sign or LED traffic sign.
- Dusk to Dawn Sensor – Standard Dusk to Dawn Light Sensor
More LED Signs/a>