Aircraft Wheel Chocks
The TigerChocks Military Aircraft Wheel Chocks made of composite urethane and are an updated version of the traditional wooden military chocks. They weigh less than wood chocks and are resistant to aircraft fuels, lubricants, and hydraulic fluids that get used at airports. These aircraft chocks will last years longer than typical wooden chocks and they never need painting. Because of their solid construction they do not cause potential foreign object damage (FOD) problems for aircrafts.
Aircraft Wheel Chock Details:
- Standard with 5/8 in. x 36 in. (914 mm) or 48 in. (1219 mm) replaceable nylon rope lanyard.
- These chocks utilize the TigerChocks Rope Lock System which allows a wheel chock to be temporarily and securely attached to the opposing wheel chock on the opposite side of the aircraft tire so that the wheel chocks remain firmly positioned against each side of the aircraft wheel during engine testing.
- Impact-absorbing urethane
- Weather and abrasion resistant
- High-load bearing capacity
- Maintenance free - never need painting. Resistant to aircraft fuels and lubricants. Will not rot, crack or splinter
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Optional rope carrying handle
- Molded in high-vis yellow color
Two Chock Choices: Single with Rope Lock 20"L x 8"W x 6"H or 20"L x 8"W x 6.25"H with Rubber Base.
Considerations: If wheel chocks are expected to hold an aircraft under various conditions, then all of the variables that may affect the chockís performance must be considered. These include but are not limited to: 1) Tire size 2) Tire Type 3) Gross vehicle weight 4) Varying tire pressures that naturally occur with changes in the environment. 5) Type and condition of chocking surface (i.e. firm, soft, wet, dry, icy, etc.) You cannot make assumptions from one aircraft's testing and payload, then broadly assume that the chocks will hold the same aircraft every time. Countless combinations of conditions exist and this must be considered when selecting the most appropriate wheel chock for each application. Be sure to complete and thorough testing to ensure that each set of wheel chocks will meet your specific chocking requirements. A variety of chocks should be tested to determine the best chock for your particular application. NOTE: It is important that you review your company or unitís guidelines for specific information regarding proper chocking procedures.
More Wheel Chock Products